"I Have a Dream" is a song by Swedish pop group ABBA. It was featured on the group's sixth studio album Voulez-Vous and released as a single in December 1979. The single became a big hit, topping the charts in many countries and peaking at No.2 in the UK over the Christmas week of 1979. Twenty years later, Irish pop group Westlife released a successful version of the song which reached No.1 in the UK over the Christmas week of 1999. -- Wikipedia
The ABBA song I Have a Dream was covered by ...
All cover versions with details (incl. parts from Wikipedia)
- Raivo Tammik covered it on his 1980 album "Die Hit Orgel".
- The Hiltonaires covered it on the 1980 compilation "Hits For Young People 23".
- American country-gospel singerCristy Lane covered it on her 1981 album "I Have a Dream". Her single peaked at #17 on the Billboard Country Chart that year.
- Greek singer Nana Mouskouri covered it first in French as "Chanter La Vie" for her 1983 album "Quand on revient", and later in English on her 1986 album "Alone".
- In 1987, a recording by the dansband Streaplers, with lyrics in Swedish by Ingela Forsman, "Jag har en dröm", was Number 1 on the Swedish Svensktoppen radio chart for 17 weeks of that year.
- The St. Phillips Boy's Choir (now known as Libera) covered this song on their 1993 album "Angel Voices".
- Hawaiian singers the Makaha Sons covered this song on their 1994 album "Ke Alaulau".
- Daniel O'Donnell covered it on his 1997 album "I Believe".
- Lisa Stokke covered it for the 1999 "Mamma Mia! The Musical Based on the Songs of ABBA".
- Westlife covered it on the 1999 compilation "Abbamania". The song became the group's fourth UK number-one single. The release was a double-A-side, also featuring "Seasons in the Sun". The release became the UK's Christmas number-one single of 1999, extending its peak into January 2000 and spending seventeen weeks in the UK chart. The song was the 26th best selling single of 1999 in the UK.
- Etta Cameron covered it on her 2000 album "I Have a Dream".
- Abbaration covered it on their 2000 album "A Tribute to ABBA".
- Dana Winner covered it on her 2002 album "Unforgettable Too".
- Swiss chef/singer Dan Daniell covered it as a duet with original ABBA member Anni-Frid Lyngstad for his 2003 album "Lieber Gott".
- Barbara Schöneberger & Sydney Youngblood covered it on the 2005 compilation "ABBA Mania".
- Al Martino covered it on his 2004 album "Love Of My Life".
- Irish folk music duo Foster & Allen covered it for their 2005 album "Sing The Number 1's".
- Riff/Raff covered it on their 2006 album "Rock 'n' Roll Mutation, Volume 1: ABBA".
- Wing covered it on her 2006 album "Dancing Queen by Wing".
- In 2007, Connie Talbot covered the song on Over The Rainbow.
- Amanda Seyfried covered it for the 2008 "Mamma Mia - The Movie Soundtrack".
- American group BNB covered it in a jazz/lounge music style on their 2008 album "Bossa Mia: Songs of ABBA".
- Wenche covered it on her 2009 album "Friday Night Cowgirl".
- Giorgia Fumanti covered it on her 2011 album "Elysium".
- Siddhi J Sundt covered it on his 2012 album "ABBA Classics".