"Walk This Way" is a song by American hard rock group Aerosmith. Written by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, the song was originally released as the second single from the 1975 album Toys in the Attic. It peaked at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in early 1977, part of a string of successful hit singles for the band in the 1970s. In addition to being one of the songs that helped break Aerosmith into the mainstream in the 1970s, it also helped revitalize their career in the 1980s when it was covered by rappers Run–D.M.C. on their 1986 album Raising Hell. This cover was a touchstone for the new musical sub-genre of rap rock, or the melding of rock and hip hop. It became an international hit and won both groups a Soul Train Music Award for Best Rap - Single in 1987. -- Wikipedia
The Aerosmith song Walk This Way was covered by ...
All cover versions with details
- Van Halen covered the song on his 1975 bottleg "Gazzari's Dance Contest, Live in West Hollywood California, 1974 & 1975"
- Hip hop group Run-D.M.C. covered it on their 1986 album "Raising Hell". Their version features new vocal and guitar parts by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith based on their original 1975 recording, as well as a sample of the original drum intro which is used as the song's breakdown.
- Hank Williams Jr covered it on his 1992 album "The Bocephus Box".
- Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her covered it on the 1996 compilation "A Musical Souvenir of Trattoria Menu.100's Magic Kingdom".
- Beelzebubs covered it on their 1997 album "Id".
- The String Cheese Incident covered it on their 1997 eponymous album.
- Frank Vignola covered it on his 1999 album "Déjà Vu".
- Fee Waybill, Steve Lukather, Tim Bogert & Tommy Aldridge covered it on the compilation "Not the Same Old Song and Dance - Tribute to Aerosmith".
- Hayseed Dixie covered it on their 2002 album "A Hillbilly Tribute to Mountain Love".
- Dick Brave & The Backbeats covered it on their 2003 album "Dick This!".
- Macy Gray covered it on her 2004 compilation "The Very Best of Macy Gray".
- Sugababes Vs Girls Aloud covered it on their 2007 single "Walk This Way".
- Danish jazz/funk Hammond organ-based quartet Leslie Overdrive covered it on their 2007 album "... With the Hammond, In Beauty ".
- Cris Mantello & Jolly Rogers covered it on the 2007 compilation "Punk Remake - Vol. 1".
- Sliimy covered it on the 2010 compilation "Message".
- David Garrett covered it on his 2010 album "Rock Symphonies".
- Billy Joel with Steven Tyler covered it on their 2011 video "Live at Shea Stadium (The Concert)".
- The Mulberrys feat. B-Pug covered it on their 2011 digital release "Killswitch Engaged".
- Brigitte covered it on her 2012 album "Et vous tu m'aimes? Encore".