"Only Women Bleed" is a song written by Alice Cooper and Dick Wagner. It is a ballad about a woman in an abusive marriage. The song is often mistakenly presumed to be about menstruation, and that has limited its play on radio and in other public forums. It is one of Cooper's biggest hits, reaching #1 on the Canadian RPM national singles chart (listed as "Only Women") and #12 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in 1975. It is from his album Welcome to My Nightmare. It was the first of several ballad releases by Cooper that reached the top 20 of the Hot 100 singles chart. -- Wikipedia
The Alice Cooper song Only Women Bleed was covered by ...
All cover versions with details
- Ike & Tina Turner had been covering the song live from as early as 1975. Their cover was released on the UK 1988 compilation "What You See (Is What You Get)" and on the US compilation "Ike & Tina Turner – Greatest Hits Vol. 2". In some releases the song is titled "Only We Women Bleed".
- The Chris Farlowe Band on their 1975 album "We Can Work It Out".
- Carmen McRae covered it on her 1976 album "Can't Hide Love".
- Julie Covington covered it on her 1977 single "Only Women Bleed", which reached #12 on the UK charts.
- Etta James covered it on her 1978 album "Deep in the Night".
- Tina Turner covered it on her 1984 mini-album "Mini".
- Elkie Brooks covered it on her 1986 album "No More The Fool".
- Ruby Turner covered it on her 1986 album "Women Hold Up Half the Sky".
- Favorite Angel covered it on their 1990 single "Only Women Bleed"
- Lita Ford covered it on her 1990 album "Stiletto".
- Guns N' Roses have covered it live. Their cover was included in several bootlegs, the earliest ones dating 1991, like the German 3-album set "You Could Be ...".
- The Hangmen covered it on their 1993 album "Welcome to Our Nightmare - A Tribute to Alice Cooper".
- John Farnham covered it on his 1993 album "Then Again...".
- Audrey Turner covered it on her 1999 album "I Smell Trouble".
- Co-writer Dick Wagner covered it on his 1999 album "Rock HitStory".
- Glenn Hughes, Paul Gilbert, Bob Kulick and Paul Taylor covered it on her 1999 compilation "Humanary Stew - A Tribute to Alice Cooper".
- Tori Amos covered it as B-side to her 2001 single "Strange Little Girl".
- Luna covered it on the B side of her 2002 single "Lovedust".
- Madeleine Martin covered it for the 2007 compilation "Temptation - Music From the Showtime Series Californication".
- Tina Arena covered it on her 2008 album "Songs of Love & Loss 2".